Seven (7) Indictments Against The PLP Government from the Bahamas Constitution
A Keynote Address by S. Ali McIntosh on March 31st, 2015 ( Full Text in attached Document)
1. The Preamble of the Constitution. FAILED. The government has failed to lead out in the values of “Self Discipline, Industry , Loyalty, Unity and an abiding respect for Christian Values and the Rule of Law"; and has failed to protect the people from Enslavement, Exploitation, Frustration and the Deprivation.
2. Principle of Democracy—The Doctrine of the Separation of Powers. FAILED. The government continues to interfere in the judiciary; making unfettered access to justice for all, almost impossible.
3. Article 52 - “Parliament must make laws for the Peace, Order and Good Governance.” FAILED
The government has Failed to legislate and implement effective policies to adequately, quash the fear of crime; Abate the criminal element, and protect the state from abuse and interference, both from within and without.
4. Articles 42, 43, 47, 48, - Qualifications for Members of Parliament and Senators. FAILED. Successive governments has failed to adequately chastise Members of Parliament, and Senators who have abused powers, and have formed shell companies and dummy corporations to protect their identity in companies who secure government contracts; and are involved in Breach of Ethics with their dealings. All transgressors should be made to RESIGN FORTHWITH.
5. Stewardship of People’s Resources - FAILED. i) Failure to Collect Revenue, ii) Failure to Tax Revenue, iii) Failure to enforce consequences on mismanagement and misappropriation of government revenues.
6. Protection of the State Sovereignty - FAILED.
Allowing the Infiltration & Annexation by the People's Republic of China to unfettered Access to Bahamian Land and Business Opportunities without Legislative authority.
7. Chapter 8 of Constitution - FAILED Relief from Duty of Persons in High Office due to Infirmity of Mind & Body. (This indictment is Seeking the Recall of the holders of the Office of Prime Minister & Other Cabinet ministers.)
*The Official Opposition responsible for the Public Accounts Committee has Failed the Bahamian people a timely response, by successive Opposition parties.